Do You Want to Get the Smile That You Deserve?
Our smile is important to us as a social species. It is a key piece of how we interact with others and it allows us to smile, make friends, show emotion, and flirt. Unfortunately, many people are unhappy with their smiles. This may be because they have badly damaged or even missing teeth. This may make them feel socially isolated and even depressed. The good news is that modern dentistry offers some excellent solutions.
Why Would You Want a New Smile?
There are plenty of reasons why someone might be unhappy with their smile, including:
- They have lost one or more teeth in an accident
- They have missing or damaged teeth due to a disease or serious medication or medical treatment
- They have missing or damaged teeth due to pregnancy
- Their teeth are not in great health due to oral health problems
One of the best solutions for people in this situation is dental implants in Canberra.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
If you have missing teeth, dental implants are an ideal solution for many reasons. The installation of implants requires at least two separate sessions. During the first session, the dentist will implant a titanium screw and fix it into the jawbone. This will form the basis for the crown.
Once things have settled down a little and there has been some recovery time, the dentist will then place the crowns on top of the titanium screws. It is a procedure that requires some surgical intervention, but the advantages over other methods are quite significant.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
So, why would you choose to have dental implants instead of another option? Consider the following:
- Tough and durable: One of the biggest benefits of dental implants over other methods is that they are long lasting. In fact, with regular care and maintenance they will last for a lifetime of use. This stands in stark contrast to less durable methods, such as dentures.
- Natural looking: What’s great about dental implants is that they look so natural. They are carefully colour matched by the dentist to match existing teeth. The fact that they are also screwed right into the jawbone makes them feel just like regular teeth also.
- They fix other oral health issues: People who have had missing teeth for some time will often experience other health issues. Remaining teeth will move out of position, there will be bone loss in the jaw and it is not uncommon for hollows to form in cheeks. When dental implants are installed, the fact that they are screwed into the jawbone also means that they stop bone loss and the movement of other teeth. In this sense, they act just like regular teeth.
Your Brand New Smile
There are lots of reasons why a person might have badly damaged or missing teeth, including medication, illness, accidents, or pregnancy. Though there are a number of options, dental implants remain the gold standard in fixing broken smiles.