7 Fast Facts worth Knowing About Dental Veneers!
Unhappy with the color or shape of your frontal teeth? Well, dental veneers can help. For the uninitiated, dental veneers, also known as dental facets, are shell-like custom chips that are literally pasted over frontal teeth to correct appearance. Below are 7 fast facts about dental veneers.
- Much like other dental procedure, the clinic you choose for getting veneers can make a huge difference. Choose an option like http://spadentairelaurier.ca, and make sure that you talk to your dentist in detail about the possible outcomes, risks and other concerning factors.
- Dental veneers can be used on healthy teeth and gums only. If you have cavities or other gum diseases, the same must be treated before being considered for dental facets. As mentioned, your dentist is the best person to take a call on this.
- Veneers can be made of porcelain or other resin composite materials, both having a few pros and cons. If you are concerned about stains, porcelain veneers may work better, composite veneers are removable and replaceable. Composite veneers can last for around a decade, while porcelain ones can last for like 20 years.
- If you have veneers, you need to be careful about biting hard things. Also, oral hygiene is of paramount important if you want to prolong the life of veneers. Consult your dentist at least once in three months to keep an eye on possible signs of gum infections.
- The cost of dental veneers depends on the material, the clinic you choose and the cost of the lab. In most cases, the costs are not covered by insurance, and therefore, it is best to know the overall procedure expenses in advance.
- Dental veneers can be used for correcting a number of appearance issues, such as stained teeth, crooked teeth, gaps between teeth, or for teeth that are resistant to other options of teeth whitening.
- Finally, veneers are not repairable, in case they chip or break. Your dentist may suggest a list of dos and don’ts, which must be followed. If you compare the costs with composite resin bonding, veneers may seem expensive but for that natural look, veneers are surely better.
Check online now to find more on dental veneers, and take an appointment with the nearest clinic to get more details on the procedure. In most cases, three appointments are needed for getting porcelain veneers, which are usually more preferred by dentists and doctors.